Friday, September 30, 2011

Make Time For Twirps

KC Neal is a local YA author releasing Pyisis soon, I follow on Twitter. Which makes her a Twirp but she's also my friend. The last time I saw her was in April and even though she ragged me for having a minivan, when we parted we made plans for lunch again soon.

Well now 6 months later we finally got together. After an hour and a half where we talked on varying subjects from husbands, sleep, YA platform and how it crosses over to Romance, pit stains & tongue rings I've vowed not to wait that long again!

KC is a breath of fresh air. After hanging I feel creatively renewed. I think that has a lot to do with the physical presence of being with another author.

There is a whole world of support for us online. However, we still need that human connection at times. Thanks KC.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I love meeting people on G+ and Twitter. It expands my horizons and lets me "bump into" people I would never find otherwise. BUT, good as that is, it's simply a different thing than being in the same physical space. Physical conferences will never be entirely replaced by online events. Cups of tea in person will never be entirely replaced by Hangouts. But I'm so grateful technology lets us have both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Shelly so true. I'm enjoying G+ as well. thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete