Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sports Moms





This weekend my daughter who is 10 had her first basketball game.  And it was at this game I found out I'm one of "those" moms.

You know the ones who are louder than the coach...that know more than the coach. Add my smarmy, sarcastic, witty and biting sense of humor if I don't get this under control I could end up in jail.

It really hit when I saw her pat the girl on the back ,she was supposed to be guarding, for sinking a goal.

I was mortified! I want to scream at the top of my lungs. "You should have packed that ball right in her face!" Instead I smiled and waved at the girls parents across the gym. The girls are good friends.


Then there was the first practice in Argyle socks no less. I promptly went out and bought all Nike sports clothing.


Here's the problem this daughter is the sweet one. One of those people who lives to please others. She's so not competitive and that's OK.

I'll either have to read during her games or super glue my lips shut.

And there is always the young one who at 7 has a play ground rep as the "enforcer." She's expressing an interest in mom's fave sport.

So how bout it are you one if "those" moms?




No comments:

Post a Comment