Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Mother’s Desires Changes Just Like Her Needs. What Do You Desire?


 

I had this thought arise as I found myself asking my husband for a new shower head for mother's day. LOL Ten years ago I would have thought that I was insane. I would want fresh flowers or jewelry or something else. I thought at first that it was probably the recession induced financial bulimia. However I have learned that its more about being a nurturer. These things that I "want" are actually things that I may even "need." The stronger shower head for instance. It loosens up my shoulders muscles and relaxes my back which aches everyday. Nevertheless even though it could be classified as a need I don't even ask for one until I think that perhaps I have a sense of entitlement to it such as a birthday or mother's day. And if I don't receive it I'm not upset. I simply make due because we just don't have the money for it. As women, as parents even we deprive ourselves of a lot. What things have you done without for the good of your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment