There are a varitey of social media dashboards you can use for multiple timed posts. Tweetdeck and Hootsuite are ones that I have experience with. However, Hootsuite is my dashboard of choice. Because I have a Twitter account as an author and contribute to the Astraea Press account as well the same thing with Facebook and Blogs everything I do is twice as much work. So using these tools help me to utilize my time to market and write. Because lets face it if I can't write novels what's the point?
When people have numerous friends posts can get buried. This is why I post several times what I want people to see that day. There are some key times of day to post. I'll explain them below.
- The Early Birds: 5-7 AM: These are the people who get on before work or school
- Just Got To Work: 8-10 AM: These are the people who as soon as they clock in and before they even begin working must do a quick social media check.
- Lunch Time: 11-1 PM: This is quite literal. These are the people on their lunch break combing the social networks via their phone or laptop while they gulp down lunch.
- After School: 2-4 PM: These are they kids or adults who have been at school and are literally jonesing for a social media fix.
- After Work: 5-6 PM: These are the people who get off work and instead of starting dinner, laundry or kids homework they would rather get lost in the gossip of Twitter and Facebook. (that's me)
- Nightowls: 7-midnight: These are the people who stay up way late hoping to the be the first to jump on a juicy new youtube video or some breaking gossip. At Astraea I tend to try and market our YA novels at this time of day. Because teens like to stay up late.