Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hanging pictures on the wall

This week I did something I haven't done in 3 years. Not since we lost the house we owned. Not after we moved 2,000 miles away from family....not even in 1 of our 4 moves in 3 years. I dug out family photos and hung them on the wall. You know those newborn, soccer, school play pictures of your kids you will love forever. Yeah those.

In my superstitious mind I thought by putting them up it was like inviting yet another move. But my granny is coming I have a beautiful home, it's the holidays and I want it to be a home with my mark. So the hell with it.

I'm living for the moment.

I also decided to do a different Christmas color scheme. For 6 years it's been purple and gold not this year! It's traditional green, red and gold. I may even do 3 trees!

So what about y'all? Any superstitions?

3 comments:

  1. Elly "Living On The Edge" CarneyNovember 19, 2011 at 3:52 PM

    My husband and I (more out of guilt than a desire to be parents)tried for eighteen months to get pregnant. We gave up about 6 years ago, give or take a few months. While we were trying to get pregnant my daughter let me go through clothes my granddaughters had outgrown. I bagged them up and put them in the storage room. I have moved that bag from one spot to another over and over and over for 6 years. I am petrified that if we get rid of those baby clothes I will get pregnant. I know it's illogical, but superstitions by their very nature are illogical. I don't beat myself up over the lack of logic - just over the lack of common sense. NOW, I'm slowly cleaning out the house in preparation for an eventual move and guess what's going to charity...yep, the bag of baby clothes. I wish I could say I was giving them away without fear or second thoughts. The truth is, I'm more than slightly worried and feel like I should get a medal for living dangerously. Common sense and logic be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is so hard. I hate it. Of course I've moved a staggering number of times in my life (well over 20). My dad liked to fix houses up then move to a different one. I went to six grade schools if that tells you anything. :)

    Do I have any superstitions? Hmm. None that I can think of. But here's hoping that your picture hanging is the start of a long stay in your current home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one superstition that is too embarrassing to post on the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete