Friday, February 11, 2011

Cassie Exline...A Modern Day "She" Holmes...

I'm truly delighted to introduce Cassie Exline to the blog today. She is a multifaceted author combining suspense, mystery and even erotica into her books. I am truly impressed and excited to see her take a classic story like Sherlocke Holmes and Watson and put her own spin on it, creating the characters "Sheryl Locke Holmes" and "Dot Watson." Here is a little background on Cassie, then we will have an interview and (so excited) an exerts from  Ruby's Deadly Secret.

 Cassie works for a small town newspaper along the east coast of the United States. Writing has been her passion. Writing contemporary romance, erotica,  and mysteries have become her joy. Real life inspires much of Cassie’s erotic fiction. Her stories have been published at Ruthie’s Club, The Erotic Woman, Justus Roux, and Erotic Bookworm. Her two ebooks in the Sheryl Locke Holmes Series, Amber's Mysterious Death and Ruby's Deadly Secret, can be purchased at Wild Child Publishing. Currently in editing is the third book in the Holmes series, Opal's Disappearance. She also has a story, Fire & Ice, published in the anthology Coming Together: With Pride, available in ebook & print at Amazon. She’s a member of Erotica Author’s Association, Erotica Readers & Writers Association and Desdmona’s FishTank. 





1.       Have you ever googled yourself?  Yes. If so what did you see? That I’ve been busy.
2.       Do you have a mentor/s? If so who and what have you gained from their relationship? Oh yes, I work with a crit partner.  He makes me work hard and my most toughest critic, next to me, that I’ve encountered. I’m just glad he’s too far away to strangle. There are moments, but he is a great taskmaster and keeps me out of a rut.
3.       Have you considered self publishing? Yes. If so elaborate on whatever your decision was. I have self-published and am pleased with having total control. This was done under a different name. I think some misconceptions of self-publishing are that the writer couldn’t find anyone to buy her/his work. So wrong in a lot of cases. I’ve sold lots of short stories and have been under contract with several publishing houses. The key is to have fresh eyes and polish, polish, polish that self-published work. I’ve found mistakes in ebooks sold from reputable publishing houses. So no one is perfect.
4.       Do you follow writing blogs? If so which ones and why? Not writing blogs. I follow Four Strong Women, Wicked Writers, CJ England, Coffee Fueled Erotica, Willsin Rowe, Sommer Marsden. The why is because they are interesting blogs and friends I’ve had online. I do stop by other blogs and always on the look-out for anything interesting.
5.       How/where do you gather inspiration? From anything and everything. Songs, movies, my mind running wild.
6.       How do you gather information/research for a book? What’s the most significant experience you had with research? Research online of course. And if I know of anyone local I can talk to I do that and have done that. The most significant experience was I gathered ideas to enhance the character or for other books or scenes.
7.       Do you feel that a romance has to have sex in order for it to be great? No, but it needs suspense to make it great.
8.       What are you reading now? Just finished reading Guise and Dolls by Deb Baker. Her ebooks are on Smashwords.
9.       What draws you into a book? Great characters.
10.   Where were you in your career a year ago? Writing. I’m always writing. I’ve been published since 2005.
11.   Where do you project to see yourself one year from now? Writing.

   

Sheryl Locke Holmes:

Book 2: Ruby's Deadly Secret

By C.L. Exline

What do you get when you add a ruby, diary, secrets, and a mansion? A motive for murder. Sheryl Locke Holmes and her best friend, Dot Watson, have been offered an exciting opportunity to explore Bridgeside, a Victorian mansion, to search for items for their antique shop. Their adventure is short-lived when they discover a diary containing dark secrets and a newspaper clipping with a warning written in what appears to be blood. They get trapped in the attic, Dot is attacked and they find out the owner died inside the house. As if that isn't enough, Jake is spotted with another woman. Clues are pointing to Sheryl as the next target, no matter who gets in the way.

Ruby’s Deadly Secret came in number eight in Top Mystery Book of 2010 at Preditors & Editors Poll.






Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, beautiful cover art and exert from your book Cassie. I'm just truly impressed with the whole Sherlocke Holmes ideas and your cover art is amazing. Congrats and much more success. If anyone would like info no where to purchase Cassie's books or find out more info no her please check out the links below. 


Bri




 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Bri. Great questions and I probably said more than I should have. What I didn't say was that the Holmes Series started out as a trilogy with enough words to hopefully go to print. Then number four popped into my head and I got them all accepted. Currently working on number five. Again, thanks for being a gracious hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie,

    Your Holmes series is definitely on my TBR list. I'm just so impressed with the concept and the creative mind that brought the idea to life. Much success to you!

    Great interview, Bri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Ursula. Cassie has an original spin that I just love. I'm so glad it's more than just 3 books

    ReplyDelete