Sunday, June 3, 2012

Life Lesson 782: Early Risers Know Why They Rise


I recently had a friend/colleague who is a bit of a Night Owl or more like a don't sleep until dawn kind of person ask me, "Why do you get up so early?" I get up at around 5AM most days and walk or work out. Usually it's walking. I have been walking since I was very young when I went with my Paw Paw. But it was when I started writing that I really learned the value of early mornings and the ability to ponder. Yes ponder. 


I find that I'm more centered. I find beauty in the majesty around me. Scents are stronger and a feeling of being at peace stirs within. After all that my mind will start wondering. 


For example, after this morning's walk I sat down with my laptop in the rocking chair and wrote 3 blog posts. The morning before I wrote 1200 words in my newest novel Season of a Witch.
So to answer not just my friend by you also my reader dears why I get up at the hour the sun rises...it's for all those wonderful reasons there but these as well. 














As always if you have been thoroughly entertained please feel free to use the little buttons below and share this blog post on your networks.
2012 author photo



No comments:

Post a Comment